Friday, July 26, 2013

Country, Bluegrass, and a little Guinness on the side

And now for something really different.... In between shows and mixing the Above the Snakeline CD, which is near completion and sounding great, I decided to do something way
off the beaten path... at least for me. I'm currently writing and recording a country music demo with some really old school flavors and bluegrass harmonies. It's been brewing up like a Tennessee still for the last few years and it's potency is just about right. Yeah, you heard right. Not only working on the inner goth, Christian musician, composer thing, but adding good ol boy to the list. This is not a new direction mind you, but it is a hoot writing and recording this demo. I get to use my steel guitar, mandolin, and some nice Telecaster tones on this crazy experiment. The demo will probably consist of 7 songs and I'm really looking forward to arranging and recording a song that my wife wrote about Dublin. Yep, a country song about the land of Guinness. It's a clever tune but I can't say much about it quite yet. More news to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment